MAYBE YOUR USB STICK IS A PROBLEM?
THE ERROR COMES FROM THE USB AND THE HFS FORMAT, YOU SHOULD DELETE ALL THE PARTITIONS FROM THE USB, THEN CREATE 1 PARTITION MBR SCHEME AND FORMAT IT HFS+ JOURNALED. THEN YOU SHOULD RESTORE THE INSTALLESD.DMG OR MAVERICKS.APP LIKE IS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO.
Update your bios
make your bootable usb stick using the instruction on he first post(you have to have access in a mac already or vmware mac)
Proceed with post installation instructions and you’re done
Has anybody a new AppleHDA.kext for Mavericks 10.9.2?
Old one doesn’t work.
it does but u have to use the updoter on the first post
Clover install guide
Dual booting Windows and OS X using Chameleon
Win8 did not recognize the partition made with gparted, but it worked with diskutilities/diskpart, see guide.
1. Flash the bios (MAIN+NVRAM)
2. Copy efi/boot/bootx64.efi on a FAT32 stick
3. Reboot and press F12 for boot menu
Bios with photos
DSDT Patches: (Those are the ones I remember, not sure if I added more)
Disable nVidia, Inject HD3000, LAN, Airport (patched myself because the ones in the repo are not up-to-date)
Always try to use as few patches as possible…
ACPIBatteryManager latest version from RehabMan
voodooHDA 2.8.4 (its easier without assertion errors, update proof)
fakesmc.kext (slice branch)
THIS IS MY FEEDBACK INSTALLING MAVERICKS WITH YOUR GUIDE …….
@ My machine n5110 i5/2430m , nvdia .
@ Used mbb 8.1 smbios .
@ Installed mavericks 10.9 build 13A603 ,via downloading directly from apple store .
@ Went to apps folder ,right clicked on the downloaded ” Install OS X Mavericks.app ” icon , then checked ” show package content ” then ………
@ FOLLOWED THE GUIDE 100% , And after final restart , replaced the VoodooPS2Controller.Kext withe the linked alternate one .
@ Everything Worked FINE except of trackpad pointer movement need some adjustments .
I partioned my drive as MBR not as GPT. However yesterday I have managed to triple boot, windows,macosx and ubuntu. Here is how I did it.
I divided my HD to 4 partitions.
1) Windows 7
1. I installed windows with default options but as you know it creates additional system reserved boot partition. I hate that partition. So with Gparted I deleted that partition and rebooted again. As you may guess windows couldn’t boot. So with Windows 7 CD I rebooted and installed boot files with its recovery console. There are many tutorials for this.
2. Then I installed OSX 10.8.5 according to the guide on the first page and installed chameleon bootloader and it worked out.
3. I booted with Ubuntu USB and partitioned my drive. Because I have 5 partitions they can’t be primary partitions. So I created Extented partition after MACOSX and created primary partiion for swap as the size of my RAM, then created another partition with 60 GB size for main Ubuntu installation and left the rest as for DATA. I installed Ubuntu to 60 GB partition and I installed bootloader to that partition. I rebooted computer and Chameleon allowed me to boot Ubuntu. However I had small problems but I fixed them.
1. After selectin Linux partition, grub menu was showing. So I edited /etc/default/grub and changed GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0, and GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
2. Bluetooth was not working. I don’t know the reason but I think it is related to how computer is started if it is cold boot it works otherwise it doesn’t work. I managed to start it after I logged in ubuntu by using sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart
put genericUSBXHCI.kext in EXTRA folder on usb installer, that will enable you to use USB 3 ports whilst you install if you get stuck again.
From Windows, get filelist VMWARE Workstation 8 and Montain lion image for VMWare. Install VWare with core cdkey.
Unzip image, move it where you want, run unlocker for windows, go to vmware open image and configure (ram and cores).
From virtual, download Mavericks from store. Get Unibeast and Multibeast. Insert USB, open Disk Utility, partition (1 partition, mac os x journaled,master boot). Run unibeast, to usb and laptop support. Download MBR patch and run tar.gz from terminal. Drag multibeast inside. (usb done)
Burn Windows dvd. Save post folder on usb.
Run usb. Choose language, go disk utility from top, erase partition as mac os x journaled. Restart.
Run DVD, install windows.
Diskpart -> os x active.
Run USB install os x. (choose usb, after this is done, boot usb, choose os x). Run multibeast (usb 3.0 and graphicenabler). Use post (install chameleon, make dsdt, ssdt-4 and smbios with wizard put in extra and copy it to partition, system/library/extensions delete applehda.kex and appleintelsgbFB.kext, copy new extensions 10 files, run kext utility, run rwsensors). Restart
Diskpart – windows active. Options, repair, startup.
Diskpart – os x active, restart.
(diskpart, list disk, select disk 0, list partition, select partition, active, exit)